Summercon is one of the oldest hacker conventions, and the longest running such conference in America. It helped set a precedent for more modern “cons” such as H.O.P.E. and DEF CON, although it has remained smaller and more personal. Summercon has been hosted in cities such as Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Atlanta, New York, Washington, D.C., Austin, Las Vegas, and Amsterdam.
- Day 1 – Live Stream
- It’s All Coming Together
Summercon starts tomorrow, Friday, July 9. Believe me, we’re as shocked as you.
- If you’ve managed to snag a ticket for the Littlefield location, you will absolutely need to provide evidence of vaccination. This is a Littlefield policy, and they have their own verification rules. Their verification process takes place when they check ID to make sure you’re 21 or older.
- Littlefield accepts the following forms of evidence: 1) your CDC vaccination card, 2) a digital health passport (e.g. NY Excelsior Pass, Clear Pass, etc.), 3) a clean photo of your CDC vaccination card, 4) (if you were in the trial vax studies) an email from the hospital or clinic that you received the full vaccination from as a participant in that initial vax trial.
- If Littlefield decides your evidence is insufficient, or you decide that you don’t want to share your vaccination status with Littlefield, we’ll refund your admission to the original method of payment and you will be free to do anything you want, just not at Littlefield. For example, there’s a live stream you could check out.
- Parklife will be open to the public. We’ve been informed that there is some construction going on over there at the Parklife courtyard, so the live video of Summercon to that location may only be available indoors, but the audio will be available outside.
- We’re all in this together, and this whole thing only works if everyone works together. We’re grateful for your contributions to the history of Summercon.
Thanks; we’re extremely excited to see you all!
- Register now!
With a little more than a month to go, it’s time to register for Summercon.
- We are currently restricted to an absurdly low number of in-person attendees at the Littlefield space. This is in coordination with NYC and New York State COVID restrictions. These regulations are evolving quickly, so more Littlefield tickets may be made available at a later date.
- If you do elect to attend at Littlefield, you’ll need to prove you’ve been vaccinated two weeks before Summercon, or that you’ve had a negative COVID test within three days of Summercon. If you don’t intend to meet either of these requirements, we ask that you not buy a Littlefield ticket. If you do intend to meet these requirements, but for some reason on gameday are unable to, we’ll refund your ticket (because we understand that life happens).
- Parklife will be open to the public, with a Summercon simulcast. Frankly, it might be nicer to be outside in the Parklife courtyard for the duration of Summercon.
- You can also register for the live stream.
Choose your ticket at eventbrite here.
- A New Hope – Save the Date!
This is happening. We are back. In careful coordination with local and state authorities, Summercon 2021 will be a hybrid in-person/virtual event on July 9-10. We’ll once again be at Littlefield (capacity limited), with live simulcast at Parklife and on your favorite internet streaming platforms.
It’s less than 10 weeks away, and frankly none of us thought we’d be allowed to be in the same room ever again, so we’re frantic with excitement about seeing you all again! Stay tuned for updates!